Monday, July 19, 2010

¡No me digas chingaderas!

Chingaderas has several meanings, one of which is the stupid things people say, especially lies.  Sometimes we call this kind of stuff bullshit. 

In English we refer to this as bullshitting someone, or "to bullshit".  In Mexican Spanish it would be "decir chingaderas".

Here's an example:

No me digas chingaderas
Don't bullshit me OR
Don't give me that bullshit

You may have noticed these are not exact translations.  Remember, literal translations are not always possible.  It's the essence of the phrase we're trying to capture, and this comes pretty close.

Here are some examples:

¿Qué chingaderas son estas?
What kind of bullshit is this?

Estas son chigaderas
This is bullshit

¡Son chingaderas!
Bullshit!

Well, that's it for today.  I think we've all had enough chingaderas for one day.

¡Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment