Monday, May 21, 2012

Me rompas las bolas, la bolas Gary, las rompas






Let's face it, sometimes you just gotta let it out.  You gotta tell someone to get off your back, let them know they're going a little too far and asking for a little too much.  Here's one way to do it.

Me rompas las bolas
You're breaking my balls

Here are some more examples:

Profesora, no puedo hacer el trabajo. Me está rompiendo las bolas
Professor, I can't do the work.  You're breaking my balls

Mi vieja me está rompiendo las bolas para ir de compras
My wife is busting my balls about going shopping

Deja de romperme las pelotas
Stop breaking my balls

There's another version that means the same thing.

Romper el culo

Me estás rompiendo el culo
You're breaking my balls

You could say any of the previous examples with "romper el culo" and get your message across.

It's also worth mentioning that even though I used the word bolas for balls, there are other words you can use - pelotoashuevos, and cojenes.  There are probably other words too, but those three are very common and should be understood pretty much everywhere.

Lastly, I'm going to leave you a clip of our friends from SouthPark.  They're just as foul-mouthed in Spanish as they are in English.  And for the next 1 minute and 17 seconds of your life, Butters and Cartman are going to help you out with your listening and pronunciation skills.  I mean, reading is great, but there's nothing like hearing it in real life.  OK, it's not real life, it's YouTube, but you get the point.  Enjoy!





Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment